java 9 logging

Peter Verhas
Is there any development for mapping the Java 9 System LogFinder? Where can I see the source under development?

Regards,
Peter

Re: java 9 logging

Ceki Gulcu

Hi Peter,

The source code for the 1.8.0 branch can be found at

   https://github.com/qos-ch/slf4j/tree/1_8_0-SNAPSHOT

Some of the changes relevant on this branch are detailed at

    https://www.slf4j.org/faq.html#changesInVersion18

Your comments your questions or comments are welcome.

--
Ceki Gülcü

On 11.06.2017 22:52, Peter Verhas wrote:
> Is there any development for mapping the Java 9 System LogFinder? Where
> can I see the source under development?
>
> Regards,
> Peter

Re: java 9 logging

Peter Verhas
1.8.0 SNAPSHOT branch does not contain any Java 9 logging specific code.

There are two directions that slf4j should be integrated into JDK9 new logging functionality:

1. directing logging through the logger configured by the Java 9 application. To do that slf4j should call System.getLogger static call.
2. Support logging that uses the JDK9 logging facade. To do that slf4j has to implement a service System.LogFinder.

I checked out the repository from GitHub but I can find no trace of either in the source code.

Peter